On Coromandel’s most popular day trips, you’ll visit the famous Driving Creek Railway, venture through the 309 Kauri Grove and stroll to the beautiful Waiau Waterfall.
Scenic shuttle transfer - Enjoy the quick ride to Driving Creek Railway and take in stunning views along 309 Road.
Driving Creek Railway mountain train ride - Enjoy a one-hour return journey on New Zealand’s only narrow gauge mountain railway as it takes you through replanted native kauri forest and ceramic sculptures. Arrive at the railway’s iconic vista point, the EyeFull Tower lookout for superb views.
Bird sanctuary, art gallery and Driving Creek Café - You’ll have time to enjoy all the nearby attractions, just 200 metres down the road.
309 Kauri Grove - Make your way through the naturally regenerating rainforest, right into the heart of this spectacular grove. The well-formed walking track leads to the most mature kauri stand on the Coromandel Peninsula. Hear stories about the forest from your guide, and enjoy a personal encounter with these magnificent giants.
Waiau Waterfall – You’ll take a short walk to visit this beautiful waterfall and popular swimming hole, surrounded by native bush. This is a photographer favourite!
Your typical itinerary is as follows:
- Ferry arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 1045hrs
- Take a shuttle transfer to Coromandel Town from Hannafords Wharf, arriving at approximately 1115hrs
- Free time to explore Coromandel Town until scheduled tour departure at 1215hrs
- Tour departs Coromandel Town for Driving Creek Railway
- Pickup from Driving Creek Railway for return to Coromandel Town 1355hrs; depart for Guided Kauri Forest Experience at 1400hrs
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town at 1515hrs
- Depart for Hannafords Wharf 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
Ferry departs at 0845hrs and operates on weekends only
What You Get
- Return ferry transfers to Coromandel Town from Auckland city
- Approximately 3-hour guided tour around Coromandel
- Free time to explorer Coromandel before tour departure
- Hotel transfers
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
99 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand