A journey to the head of Lake Wakatipu is the ideal preparation for the splendour of the world-famous Routeburn walk.
Make your way on this great walk in Mount Aspiring National Park through a magical 130 million year-old world of ferns, mosses, lichens and beech forest. Every step can be a story as your knowledgeable guide will describe the forest plants, point out those with medicinal benefits and ensure you stop and meet the native birds, which are plentiful.
Just 6.5km and approximately 2.5 hours down the track, the woodlands part to reveal the rich grassland of Routeburn Flats, overlooked on all sides by majestic mountains. The Flats is a pristine site to stop for lunch.
After a delicous Kiwi-style picnic lunch, we turn and enjoy the valley in reverse. With exclusive access to off track sections of the Routeburn Valley, we explore the old paths of the Māori travellers as we travel along their old ‘Greenstone’ trails, discovering more stories around each corner.
- You are advised to wear sturdy footwear for this tour, although track condition is generally good
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
- Due to the nature of the terrain, altitude and alpine conditions, the duration of this walk is dependent on fitness levels and can be tailored to the ability of each group. You can enjoy anything from a 13km to 18km return journey - there is an option of walking another 5km return to view the entire magnificent valley from the Routeburn Falls
Tour commences at 0800hrs
Please allow 9 hours for the entire tour.
What You Get
- Full-day private tour of approximately 9 hours
- Walking poles
- Refreshments and lunch
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up by the tour operator from your Queenstown accommodation on the day of your tour