The perfect tour for those that want the thrills of an off-road adventure but also want to discover exciting Lord of the Rings filming locations.
A Queenstown adventure safari packed with breathtaking Lord Of The Rings filming locations and thrilling 4WD action.
The Queenstown tour takes you to see The Remarkables, which were used as various mountains throughout the trilogy, such as the Misty Mountains. Travelling part way up Queenstown hill, you get a bird's-eye view onto Deer Park Heights, which was used for the refugees of Rohan and the Battle of the Wargs scenes.
Travelling from The Queenstown hill viewpoint, we head to the Kawarau Gorge, where the filming took place for the Argonath, or Pillars of the Kings. Leaving the Kawarau Gorge, the trip heads to Arrowtown, where the loss of The One Ring at Gladden Fields was shot.
Near Arrowtown, you will experience a true off-road adventure. Following a historic gold mining road up the Arrow River, you will cross the river many times to get to the Ford of Bruinen. At this point, you can indulge in morning or afternoon tea, and try your hand at a spot of gold panning.
From Arrowtown, you will travel to the entrance of Skippers Canyon, where you will be offered spectacular panoramic views of Queenstown and into Skippers Canyon.
- Bring along sufficient water, a camera, and a sense of adventure!
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details in Queenstown
Tour commences at 0815hrs & 1330hrs daily
Please allow 4 hours for the entire experience.
What You Get
- Approximately 4-hour tour in a 6-seater 4WD Land Rover or Land Cruiser
- Gold panning
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Pickup from Town Centre or Queenstown accommodation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
37 Shotover St, Queenstown, New Zealand