Queenstown Sunrise Balloon
Soar in the skies and overlook the valleys between Queenstown and Arrowtown, with magnificent views of the unique terrain.
As we rise to altitudes as high as 6,000ft and drift with the breeze, you will witness quite possibly the best panoramic views of Queenstown and its surrounds - “The Hobbit” filming locations, Southern Alps, Lake Wakatipu, The Remarkables mountain range, NZ’s finest golf courses and much more. Our four distinct seasons offer beautiful scenery all year round, so make this your opportunity to get some of the most stunning photographs you will ever take.
- We encourage our customers to assist the crew to inflate the balloon and also to pack it away after the flight - it's a unique "hands-on" experience!
- If you suspect that the weather may not permit for the activity, you may call the operator 45 minutes before your pickup time to find out if the flight is still commencing. Operator's contact details will be provided on your confirmation voucher
- You are encouraged to wear sturdy footwear and clothing suitable for outdoor pursuits
- To complete your booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Weight of all Participants
As this activity is weather dependent, you will be advised on the pickup time the day before your balloon flight. Typically, flights can start as early as 0500hrs in summer through to 0830hrs in winter
What You Get
- Return transfers from accommodation in Central Queenstown and Frankton Road
- Approximately 1 hour of flight time on a hot air balloon
- Champagne breakfast
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Transportation is provided to and from most accommodation in Central Queenstown and Frankton Road. If your accommodation is outside this area, the operator will arrange a convenient meeting point