Mount Cook Day Tour: Queenstown to Queenstown
See the Southern Alps in all their glory on this full day tour to Aoraki / Mount Cook from Queenstown.
Leaving Queenstown, we travel north through the historic gold mining region of the rugged Kawarau River Gorge and past Cromwell, famed for its fruit-growing. Skirting the shores of Lake Dunstan, we cross the Lindis Pass to Omarama for morning tea (at your own expense). Continue through the rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin to arrive at Mount Cook Village, where you can gaze up at the 3,724 metre-high mountain Aoraki / Mount Cook, an important landmark in Māori mythology .
Enjoy the views from the iconic Hermitage Hotel as you eat a delicious lunch (optional extra), or explore the village and its scenic surrounds. There is also the chance to take off on a scenic flight over the park with its snowcapped mountains and ancient glaciers (weather permitting and at additional cost – this flight can be arranged with your driver/guide on the day itself).
Following our lunch stop, we depart Mount Cook Village and retrace our journey to Queenstown, arriving in the early evening.
- Should you wish to opt for the complimentary hotel transfer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
- There is no charge for children aged 4 and below, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Your tour coach is equipped with onboard toilets and complimentary WiFi
Tour departs daily from Athol Street, Queenstown at 0730hrs.
If you have opted for hotel pickup, your pickup time will be stated on your confirmation voucher.
What You Get
- Full-day tour to Aoraki / Mount Cook
- Complimentary hotel pickup and dropoff
- Meals (morning tea, lunch) *You are able to purchase lunch as an add-on to your tour booking*
- Scenic flight
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Athol Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
You will be picked up by the tour operator on the day of your tour.