Mount Cook Day Tour: Queenstown to Christchurch
Travel up the South Island and through the Southern Alps to stand at the foot of Aoraki / Mount Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain.
Setting off from Queenstown, travel by luxury air-conditioned coach through ruggedly beautiful landscape and over the Lindis Pass into the Mackenzie Country. We enter the amazing Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand's highest mountain, where there is time to stop for lunch and a chance to enjoy the amazing alpine scenery. According to Māori legend, the boy Aoraki and his brothers once hit a reef in their canoe. When they climbed to the higher side of the tilting vessel, the cold south wind froze them, turning them into stone. Aoraki and family now form the Southern Alps, which you will see in all their glory on this tour.
During your stop at Mount Cook Village, choose to enjoy a delicious lunch (optional extra) at the famous Hermitage Hotel. Seize the opportunity to take a scenic flight over this spectacular region (weather permitting and at additional cost – this flight can be arranged with your driver/guide on the day itself).
In the afternoon, travel past Lake Pukaki to Lake Tekapo, where you can view the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd against the backdrop of this vivid blue glacier-fed lake. We then continue through the diverse farmland of the Canterbury Plains to Christchurch, the Garden City, where your tour concludes.
- Should you wish to opt for the complimentary hotel transfer, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
- There is no charge for children aged 4 and below, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Your tour coach is equipped with onboard toilets and complimentary WiFi
Tour departs daily from Athol Street, Queenstown at 0730hrs.
If you have opted for hotel pickup, your pickup time will be stated on your confirmation voucher.
What You Get
- Half-day tour to Aoraki / Mount Cook
- Complimentary hotel pickup from Queenstown
- Lunch *You are able to purchase lunch as an add-on to your tour booking*
- Scenic flight
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Athol Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
You will be picked up by the tour operator on the day of your tour.