Enjoy a delicious packed picnic lunch while experiencing the spray of a waterfall as you cruise close to sheer rock faces.
Take the time to enjoy the best of Milford Sound with our leisurely Nature Cruise day tour. Exploring the length of the fiord, you’ll learn about the history of the region and benefit from the knowledge of your specialist nature guide. Experience the cool spray of a waterfall as you move in close to sheer rock faces and watch out for dolphins, seals, and, in season, the rare Fiordland crested penguins.
Our Nature Cruises have a flexible, extended itinerary that gives you plenty of time to appreciate the scenery and take in the highlights. Our experienced skippers tailor the cruise to take into consideration weather and recent wildlife sightings, ensuring you’ll see the best that Milford Sound has to offer on the day. Grab a picnic lunch along to curb the hunger pangs - presented in a individual box which includes freshly-made cold meat & salad sandwich, cheese & crackers, nut snack, potato chips, biscuit, small chocolate bar and piece of seasonal fruit.
What is the difference between the Scenic and Nature Cruises?
The Scenic and Nature Cruises follow the same route in Milford Sound. The Scenic Cruises have multilingual commentary on selected departures, large viewing decks on comfortable modern vessels and are shorter (1hr 30-40mins) than the Nature Cruises (2hrs - 2hrs 15mins). The Nature Cruises have English-only commentary, and an on-board nature guide, picnic lunches and smaller vessels (predominantly designed along the lines of traditional trading scows).
- Your packing list should include: non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent and camera
- Infants aged 4 and below are free of charge. However they still require tickets; to complete your booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and No. of Infant tickets required
- There is complimentary coffee and tea on-board
- Snacks and beverages (from a licensed bar) are available for purchase on-board
- Luxury coaches depart daily from Queenstown and Te Anau at an extra cost, with free transfers from most accommodation
Departure at 1030hrs, 1255hrs & 1335hrs all-year round, with additional departures at 1100hrs till April and 1615hrs till March
*Please take note that you are to check in 20 minutes prior to your cruise departure.
What You Get
- Relaxed and interactive cruise of approximately 2 hours 15 minutes
- Insightful and entertaining commentary from specialist nature guides
- Picnic Lunch
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from cruise departure point
- Milford Sound Discovery Centre (underwater observatory) - available at an extra cost for selected departures only
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher at the meeting point to exchange for your tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, 9679, New Zealand