Discovery of the Rings Tour
Come enjoy a slice of middle earth on our Queenstown Discovery of the Rings tour. Never was an area more tailor-made to make Tolkien’s fantasy vision a reality on the big screen.
This tour will take you through numerous chapters from the Lord Of The Rings trilogies, as well as many other movie‘s cinematic homes, all while utilising off-road vehicles to their limits to reach the directors' perfect spots. This tour is a favourite among visitors because in just 4 hours, you get to sample the varied beauty of areas like Skippers Canyon, Arrowtown and the Gibbston Valley. Our knowledgeable local guides have plenty of information on the movies as well as the area’s history. Even those who missed the movies will be spellbound by the scenery of the Wakatipu basin.
- Lord Of The Rings film locations (White Mountains, Minas Tirith, Pillars of the Kings, Gladden Fields, Ford of Bruinen, Wargs Attack, Exodus of Edoras)
- Willow, Vertical Limits and The Water Horse locations
- The Remarkables Mountains viewpoint
- Arrowtown village, with multiple river crossings over the Arrow River
- Short journey down Skippers Canyon
- Gold panning available upon request
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
Tour commences at 0815hrs and 1315hrs daily
Please allow 4 hours for the entire experience.
What You Get
- Approximately 4-hour tour onboard a 4WD
- Professional local guide
- Picnic lunch
- Pickup from local Queenstown accommodation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
61A Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
You will be picked up from your accommodation by the operator on the day of your tour.