With exhilarating jet boating and scenic sightseeing with dinner, this is an ideal evening itinerary for many.
Filled with speed, thrills and even more of those famous 360 degree spins, hold on as we race faster than ever before down Lake Wakatipu. We will get you up close and personal with the lakes edge, skimming past trees and any obstacles in your way. Be sure to hold on to your hats as we navigate under not one, but two bridges at speed. Our experience is champion in the jet boat game and we can’t wait to give you the ride of your life.
- Please bring along sensible clothing and footwear
- You are more than welcome to wear your sunglasses, hats and other accessories should they be securely fastened to your body
- Don't forget to bring your camera, Go Pro's and video devices; selfie sticks are also welcome!
- Jet boating is not suitable for those who are pregnant or have a back injury
- Please be informed that children aged 1 and below cannot participate
Steeped in Queenstown’s pioneering history, your experience starts with a Lake Wakatipu cruise in the 106 year old steamship, the TSS Earnslaw. Then disembark at Walter Peak High Country Farm, one of the first farms set up in the region.
Relaxing in the charming ambience of the Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant, the heart of the stately homestead at Walter Peak, you’ll enjoy gourmet dining prepared by our chef in front of you. You can choose from an expansive array of New Zealand and local produce, from succulent meats cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill, a selection of delicious vegetables and salads. Then finish your meal with our irresistible desserts, New Zealand cheeses and freshly brewed tea & coffee.
After dinner, an entertaining and informative demonstration gives you a glimpse of life in the high country. The night-time cruise home is magical. Sing-a-long with the ship’s pianist or simply breathe in the fresh night air on the moonlit decks as the lights of Queenstown draw nearer.
- Bring along some cash to enjoy the delicious food and drinks on board at Promenade Café and Bar
- You are advised to wear or bring along non-slip shoes, warm clothing or jacket, sunscreen or sunglasses, and camera
- For a sample menu, please click here
- The TSS Earnslaw undergoes annual maintenance each year (typically early June to early July)
1700hrs Jet Boating and 1800hrs TSS Earnslaw Cruise
Please check in at the operator(s) 15 minutes prior to your experience.
What You Get
- 25-minute exciting jet boat ride to the Kawarau River
- Spray jacket, life vest and goggles (should you require)
- Expert and passionate guides
- Return cruise on-board TSS Earnslaw to and from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Farm demonstration in Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Delicious gourmet barbeque buffet dinner
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure points
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operators on the day of your ride/cruise.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Jet Boating: Go Orange Kiosk, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown
TSS Earnslaw: Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown