Whale Flights Kaikoura
View whales and dolphins in their natural environment, and gain an insight into their world.
Hop on a high-winged aircraft and get your very own window seat with optimal, unobstructed viewing of the sperm whales year round. From the air, passengers can experience the true magnitude of the world’s largest mammal, the whale. These animals can reach an impressive 18 metres in length and weigh up to 60 tonne!
Learn more about Kaikoura's resident Sperm Whales and other marine mammal species during your 15-minute pre-flight information and safety briefing. Thereafter, be orbited at a height of 150 metres above the whales for 30 minutes, giving you the opportunity to clearly see and photograph these incredible creatures.
- The sperm whales in Kaikoura are found year-round feeding on the rich waters flowing through the underwater Kaikoura Canyon. They typically follow a pattern throughout the day of diving down to feed, then returning to the surface to breathe. There is no specific time of day that is better or worse to see the whales
- To complete your booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Weight of all Participants
- Children aged 2 and below generally fly free of charge based on weight, provided they are seated on a parent or caregiver's lap. Children under the age of 12 must fly with an adult
- Rain isn’t normally an issue for the pilots but if on the odd occasion you are unable to fly due to high winds and poor visibility, your flight can be rescheduled. Alternatively, if rescheduling your flight is not an option, we can refund your ticket price
- Due to whales being wild animals in their natural environment, the operator cannot guarantee a whale sighting. For this reason, no refunds are given on completed flights. A second tour discount will be offered instead, so please talk to the team on-site if you would like to discuss this option
Flights commence hourly from 0900 - 1600 hrs daily
What You Get
- Approximately 30-minute whale watching flight
- Complimentary shuttle service from the town centre *to be prebooked in advance*
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Kaikoura Airport, 617 State Highway 1, Peketa, Kaikoura 7374, New Zealand (Main Terminal Building at Kaikoura Airport)
Complimetary shuttle service pickup location is at Kaikoura i-SITE Visitor Information Centre (West End, Kaikoura 7300, New Zealand).