Combine your Dolphin Encounter with lunch in Kaikoura - all while being captivated by spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Kaikoura Seaward Mountains.
Joyous. Social. Acrobatic. Delightful. Kaikoura’s dusky dolphins are heart-warming characters you’ll remember forever. They are the most acrobatic of the dolphin species, so be ready for the best dolphin show on earth because Kaikoura is one of the best places on the planet to encounter them in their natural habitat.
If you have decided that swimming is not for you, watching the dolphins and the people swimming with them has an appeal all of its own. The displays of acrobatic behaviour, the leaps and somersaults, and the peculiar repetitive displays of jumps and tail slapping, provide the most incredible "oceanic" dolphin show on earth. Not to mention, the strange mix of singing and “dolphin-like” sounds that the swimmers are encouraged to make to attract the dolphins’ attention, is hilarious to see. The images you can capture by staying on board and taking in the entertainment all around you is something delightfully unique and unlike anything you will have seen before!
Savour some fantastic local fare for lunch before or after your exciting dolphine encounter. Choose from two seafood lunch sets (included in your ticket price): seafood soup with fresh fish and potatoes, or fresh green mussels.
- We would recommend the morning tour at 0830hrs, as sea conditions can be calmer and the dolphins can be more interactive at this time
- Tours last approximately 3.5 hours, from check-in time to the end of the tour; you will spend approximately 2.5 hours at sea
- Dolphin encounters are never guaranteed. However, Kaikoura is renowned for its abundance and consistency of wildlife and once on the water we do have a very high success rate of locating dusky dolphins. If for some reason we are not successful in locating dolphins due to situations such as deteriorating weather conditions, you will receive a partial refund
- There are no lunch sets for children - food will need to be purchased on-site. Child tickets for Dolphin Encounter can be purchased here
- Children below the age of 3 are not allowed to participate in this activity
Tours commence at 0830hrs & 1230hrs daily, except during the month of June
What You Get
- Approximately 2.5 hours of dolphin encounter out at sea
- Seafood lunch *Adults only*
- Baby seal doll for kids
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your encounter.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
96 Esplanade, Kaikoura 7300