Dolphin Encounter Kaikoura - Swimming with Wild Dolphins
Swimming with dolphins is a unique and sought after activity, often being described as a life-changing experience.
Joyous. Social. Acrobatic. Delightful. Kaikoura’s dusky dolphins are heart-warming characters you’ll remember forever. They are the most acrobatic of the dolphin species, so be ready for the best dolphin show on earth because Kaikoura is one of the best places on the planet to encounter them in their natural habitat.
As the first company in New Zealand to offer swimming with dolphins, the operator has built up an unmatchable level of experience, knowledge and insight about dolphins, and the best ways to encounter them in safe, humane and environmentally-friendly ways (not to mention exciting and joyful!).
- You can swim about an arm's length away from the dolphins. The dolphins are smart and they are extremely good at judging distance in the water and will come very close without touching you
- We would recommend the morning tour at 0830hrs, as sea conditions can be calmer and the dolphins can be more interactive at this time
- Tours last approximately 3.5 hours, from check-in time to the end of the tour; you will spend approximately 2.5 hours at sea
- Total time spent swimming with dolphins will depend on a number of factors, which can vary: behaviour of the dolphins on the day of your encounter, travel time to the dolphins, sea conditions
- Generally, swim time can be from 20 to 40 minutes, provided the dolphins are interactive
- Dolphin encounters are never guaranteed. However, Kaikoura is renowned for its abundance and consistency of wildlife and once on the water we do have a very high success rate of locating dusky dolphins. If for some reason we are not successful in locating dolphins due to situations such as deteriorating weather conditions, you will receive a partial refund
- Children below the age of 8 are not allowed to participate in this activity
Tours commence at 0830hrs & 1230hrs daily, except during the month of June
What You Get
- Full fare for the vessel ride
- Swimming essentials such as wetsuits and snorkelling kit
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your encounter.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
96 Esplanade, Kaikoura