TranzAlpine (From Christchurch to Arthur's Pass)
Take in the South Island’s stunning mountains and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine, New Zealand’s finest inland rail journey.
Experience the South Island’s striking natural landscape by taking a train between Christchurch and Arthur's Pass. If you prefer to spend less time on the train, and more time exploring on foot, this scenic train ride to Arthur's Pass is for you.
High in the mountains, Arthur's Pass National Park is one of New Zealand's most outstanding destinations. With walking tracks of all grades and pristine cascades, you do not need to be a mountaineer to enjoy the fascinating Southern Alps.
- Your seat(s) will be automatically reserved upon booking - no seat selection is allowed
- There is plenty of room for luggage in a secure luggage carriage. You are only permitted to carry on small day bags and handbags. For more information, please click here
- You are permitted to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. However, we do ask that you respect other passengers by not bringing anything with a strong odour. There will be a fully licensed café on board that sells nibbles and snacks, hot and cold food, teas and coffees, soft and alcoholic drinks. Please click here for the menu
- For more information on the scenic train route, please click here
The TranzAlpine runs daily, departing Christchurch at 0815hrs and arriving at Arthur's Pass at 1051hrs.
It then continues for Greymouth and will return to Arthur's Pass at 1627hrs, departing at 1628hrs and arriving back at Christchurch at 1831hrs.
The TranzAlpine does not run on 25 December, Christmas Day.
What You Get
- TranzAlpine scenic train ride to Arthur's Pass (both one-way & return journeys available for booking)
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher at the ticketing office on the day of your train ride.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Christchurch Railway Station
Addington, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand