Christchurch International Antarctic Centre
The mystery and excitement of the Antarctic all packed into one incredible award-winning visitor destination.
Located next to Christchurch International Airport, and open every day of the year, the International Antarctic Centre has a huge range of experiences guaranteed to entertain the whole family. Be chilled in our incredible Antarctic storm room. Be thrilled on an all-terrain vehicle tour. Make friends with penguins and huskies. Learn all about the first expeditions, modern day life on Scott Base and the future of humanity on the ice. Be amazed through the big screen ice tour within the immersive 4D theatre.
In just a few hours here, the icy continent will create memories that last a lifetime. It’s cold; it’s cool; it’s waiting to be discovered by you.
- The on-site experiences in the centre have their own operating hours. The front desk will arrange the play order for you. You are strongly advised to adhere to your designated timeslot
- Children aged 1 and below are not permitted to ride in the HÄGGLUND FIELD TRIP off-road vehicle. Children aged 2 to 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult to ride
- When entering the Storm Dome, please wear the windproof jacket and rubber shoe cover provided by the centre. As the indoor temperature is very low, please avoid wearing flip-fllops and sandals as much as possible
- Admission is free of charge for infants aged 4 and below but they still require a ticket. Should you require any Infant tickets, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and number of Infant tickets required
0900 - 1730 hrs daily
What You Get
- Admission to International Antarctic Centre
- Complimentary return transport from Christchurch to International Antarctic Centre
- On-site experiences
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher upon entry at the attraction on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
How to Get There
38 Orchard Road, Christchurch Airport, New Zealand
Penguin Express Shuttle:
Outside the Canterbury Museum in Rolleston Avenue (for Shuttle timeslots, please click here)