Discover Salar de Tara, a unique geographical spot in the middle of the Andean high plateau mountains. Visit the Quepiaco habitat and the amazing rock formations of Monjes de la Pacana, Catedral, and Salar de Tara.
Get picked up from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama in the morning and head east toward the international Jama pass, where Chile borders Argentina. Pass alongside the Licancabur Volcano and over the Andes Mountains on the way to Salar de Tara. Stop along the way to visit the Quepiaco wetland, home to numerous Andean waterfowl and several species of birds, as well as llamas and vicuñas.
Continue to the Monjes de la Pacana, a huge, upright stone pillar standing lonely in the desert sand. Proceed to the Cathedrals and Salar de Tara, part of the Los Flamencos National Reserve. Located at an altitude of 14,100 feet, the salt flat is surrounded by volcanos dotted with rivers, lagoons, and grazing llamas.
The lagoon of the Salar, depending on the time of year, hosts the likes of flamingos, Guallatas, various types of ducks, vizcachas, foxes, and vicuñas. You will also be able to spot animals such as suri and kiula. Enjoy an included lunchbox and return to San Pedro, passing by the Salar de Aguas Calientes on the way.
Start time: 7am
What You Get
Salar de Tara Highlands Day Trip
- Pickup from hotels in San Pedro de Atacama
- Bilingual Spanish- and English-speaking guide
- Breakfast and lunchbox
- Personal expenses
- It will be very cold in the morning (with temperatures sometimes below freezing) and will get hot in the afternoon; please wear layers
- It is recommended to bring a long-sleeved shirt, hat, scarf to protect your skin, sunglasses, sunscreen, and water
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Pedro de Atacama. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Pedro de Atacama.
To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address