Climb the iconic Quetrupillan Volcano on a full-day hike and cross beautiful forest and mountain landscapes.
Meet at the local partner's office in downtown Pucon and travel to the Palguin area to the east of the city. Start the hike and cross the forest full of native Coihue trees, some of which reach more than 20 meters high. Discover the various birds of the area as you hike along a leisurely trail. Learn about the native inhabitants and culture of the region from your experienced guides.
After you exit the forest, make your way into the rugged Andean mountain landscape. As the height increases, hike along steeper slopes which will bring you closer to the summit. When you reach the crater at the top, after climbing over 1,000 meters, walk westward along the ridge to reach the summit at a height of 2,347 meters. Enjoy fantastic views of the Villarrica and Lanin volcanoes, along with more than three other volcanoes in the area. Admire the many lagoons, Argentinean pampas, and green forests of this panoramic viewpoint.
Enjoy an easy descent, where you will walk once more through green forests, and arrive at your vehicle which will take you back to Pucon.
Start time: 6.30am
What You Get
Quetrupillan Volcano Full-day Climbing Experience
- Transportation from and to the meeting point at the office of the local partner in downtown Pucon
- Entrance fee to Villarrica National Park.
- Hiking equipment: mountain boots, poles, crampons, ice axe, helmet, backpack, trousers and jacket, gloves, gaiters
- 1 certified guide for every 3 participants
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Trekking clothes
- The program is subject to weather conditions of the day
- The ascent to this volcano does not require any previous experience, but you are required to be in good physical health
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women and those with mobility impairments
- Come in appropriate clothes and shoes, and bring water, food, sunscreen and rain gear
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Zenit Travel
Address: Pedro de Valdivia 205, Pucon, Pucón, Araucanía, Chile
Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts