Magdalena & Marta Island Wildlife Tour from Punta Arenas
Sail through the Strait of Magellan to Magdalena and Marta Islands and observe abundant marine life. Marvel at the Magellanic penguins on Magdalena Island, and watch the Patagonian sea lions and other species of marine life on Marta Island.
After check-in at the meeting point, transfer to Laredo Bay port to board speedboats for a 45-minute trip to Magdalena Island. Once there, enjoy 1 hour with a guide to discover the habitat of the Magellanic penguins on Magdalena Island, the second largest Magellanic penguin colony in South America that receives more than 120,000 penguins every year.
Next, continue your journey to Marta Island, which hosts a colony of more than 1000 Patagonian sea lions, as well as copious bird life. Keep an eye out for cormorants, skuas, austral seagulls, Antarctic pigeons, and the occasional elephant seal.
If you're lucky, see southern dolphins, piebald dolphins, and sei whales during your trip. The tour includes with return to Laredo Bay port and transfer back to the original meeting point.
Start time: 6.30am
Duration: 5 hours
What You Get
Magdalena & Marta Island Wildlife Tour From Punta Arenas
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 5 to 12
- Navigation to Magdalena Island and Marta Island
- Coffee service
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fee to Penguin Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility or heart problems
- Please be aware that this tour is subject to weather conditions
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the activity starts
- It is recommended to bring the following:
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Please make your way to the local partner's office at José Nogueira 1255, Punta Arenas, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the activity starts.