Discover a wonder in the middle of the Atacama desert. Visit the 7 hidden lagoons of Baltinache to see the most crystal clear waters among rocky and sandy formations. Venture in for a dip to feel what's like to swim in the Dead Sea and float like a cork.
Meet your local host in the main street of San Pedro de Atacama to begin your experience. Heading towards the southeast of the desert taking the scenic route to the hidden lagoons of Baltinache. During the 1-hour drive, see all the rock and salt landscapes that make up the desert, and learn about why this area is believed to have been at the bottom of the ocean millions of years ago.
At the entrance of the lagoons, make use of the locker room in case you want to change into your bathing suit. From there, walk to the beginning of the track where you can visit all 7 lagoons. Be stunned by the crystal clear waters of the lagoons and wonder how such a thing is possible in the middle of nowhere.
If you wish to take a dip, you are permitted to swim in the first and last lagoons only, for conservation purposes. Due to the amount of salt that they have in the water, experience the sensation of floating like a cork. It is recommended that you start in the last lagoon so that you don't have to walk all the way there with salt on your body.
After a few hours of free time, use the facilities again to shower. Then, enjoy the scenic ride back with the opportunity to catch the sun setting over the desert. Finally, arrive back in San Pedro de Atacama where your memorable tour concludes.
Start time: 2pm
What You Get
Hidden Lagoons of Baltinache Discovery Tour
- Shared transportation
- Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry ticket to Lagoons (CLP$ 5,000 per person to be paid on the spot, in cash)
- This tour is subject to weather conditions
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring swimwear, a towel, and some cash
- Entry fee to the lagoons is not covered in the tour cost. Please make payment of CLP$ 5,000 per person on the day of the tour. Only cash is accepted.
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: In front of the Cruz Verde pharmacy, Caracoles 359, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile.