Visit Ek Balam to explore the Mesoamerican agricultural system, swim in an amazing cenote, and discover the archaeological site of Ek Balam.
Discover fascinating Mayan culture and history on a full-day ecotour from Mérida. Start with pickup at 6:30 AM and drive to Ek Balam, a village where Mayan is the most-spoken language. Enjoy a delicious breakfast to build your strength, before setting out on a bike ride to explore local farming practices.
Visit a milpa, a Mesoamerican crop growing system, accompanied by a local guide. Taste traditional pozole and sweets made from regional crops, as you learn about the Mesoamerican agricultural system. Enter the k'áax, or jungle, to learn about traditional knowledge of medicinal plants and trees used in the construction of houses.
Afterwards, start the 2-kilometer journey by bicycle or tuk-tuk through the jungle to get to Cenote Xcanche. Refresh yourself in the cool waters and appreciate the biodiversity around the crystal clear cenote. Before leaving, enjoy a traditional Yucatecan lunch at the cooperative’s restaurant.
The final stop on the tour is at the Ek Balam archeological site, famous for its stunning Mayan architecture and its importance in pre-Hispanic times. Admire the incredible views from the top of the pyramids. Return to Merida, where you’ll be dropped off at approximately 7 PM.
Start time: 6.30 am
Duration: 12.5 hours
What You Get
Ek Balam Pyramids, Farming and Cenote Xcanche Private Tour
- Full-day tour
- Pickup and drop-off in Mérida
- Cenote Xcanche entry
- Ek Balam archaeological site entry
- Breakfast and lunch with natural drinks
- Personal expenses
How to use:
- A minimum of 4 persons is required for this private tour
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Come in comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring a towel, swimwear, biodegradeable sunscreen and some cash
- Pick-up is available from hotels in central Merida. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed
- To arrange pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from hotels in central Merida. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed
To arrange pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address