Join a full-day tour to discover the mythical Chiloé Island, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Explore the northern part of the island and discover its traditional stilt houses, markets and churches.
Depart from your hotel in Puerto Varas and head towards Chiloé, an island rich in traditions and myths that have survived because of the archipelago’s isolation from the continent. The island is famous for the locals’ warmth and hospitality.
To reach this magical island, navigate the Canal de Chacao for 30 minutes. The crossing departs from Pargua, a town located on the continental limit of Chile. During the navigation, you have the chance to watch a variety of birds and sea lions, before reaching the town of Chacao where you will visit the square and church.
Continue along the coastal Llao Llao Road to Dalcahue, home to a traditional handicraft fair with loom knit clothing and crafts. Visit the Dalcahue Church, a national monument and World Heritage Site, and enjoy some free time to have lunch.
Later, travel to Castro, famous for its stilt houses. Visit the Handicraft Fair of Castro, where its woolen, wooden and stone articles are a must-see. Make a stop at the San Francisco Church, famous for its detailed woodwork and size. Finally, visit the church of Nercón before returning to your hotel.
Start time: 7 am
Duration: 10 hours
What You Get
Chiloé Island, Castro And Dalcahue Day Tour
Adult: 12 to 64 years old
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt
- Bilingual guide
- Shared service
- Passenger Transport Insurance
- Museum entrance fees
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt.
- From Puerto Varas (urban zone), the pick-up is at 7:30 AM.
- From Puerto Montt (central zone), the pick-up is at 7:00 AM.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup is available from hotels in Puerto Varas (urban zone) and Puerto Montt (central zone).
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.