Learn the folklore and history of Campeche state on a tour from Merida. Discover the home of the Panama hat in Becal. Then explore Campeche city's historic areas. Go to its largest fortress and enjoy some free time to admire the old city gates.
Travel to the small village of Becal on the borders of Yucatan and Campeche states. Upon arrival, go to a 17th-century colonial church. Then see the Parque de los Sombreros, known for its monument to big hats! Learn how Panama hats are made using jipi-japa fiber. Watch a demonstration by artisans who have worked inside caves for generations in order to preserve the quality of the palm fronds.
Next, transfer to Campeche. Located on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, the walled city is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During colonial times, it was a fortress city designed to protect against pirate attacks. Stop at Fuerte San Miguel to admire the largest fortress in Campeche. Dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries, the fortress is now an archaeological museum of Mayan artifacts from Calakmul.
Explore the historic district of Campeche and enjoy a tasty lunch with local dishes. You are then free to explore on your own. Go to the beautiful cathedral and old city gates, such as Puerta de Mar and Puerta de Tierra.
What You Get
Becal And Campeche Day Tour From Merida
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 5 to 12 years old
- Round trip transportation from the meeting point in Merida
- Bilingual certified guide
- Admission fee to the Mayan Archaeological Museum
- Pickup or drop-off at your accommodation
- Beverages at lunch
- Personal expenses
How to use:
- Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat and extra cash for souvenirs and personal expenses
- Pick-up is available from selected meeting points. Please select your preferred meeting point and time upon booking.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.