Enjoy a day of legends following the path of Rapa Nui. Walk between the impressive stone moais (ancient statues of heads) at Rano Raraku, and then relax on the white sand of Anakena Beach.
From your hotel in Hanga Roa, your tour group heads toward the south-east and north-east of the island to visit the Ahu Vaihu, a temple composed of a well-worked stone platform where 8 moais with pukaos are scattered nearby - these are the giant stone statues of heads with hats that are part of what make this island world-famous. Here you can also find the Ahu Akahanga, formed by 4 platforms, 12 moais (head statues) and 8 pukaos (hat statues). From here you can see one of the best preserved villages of the island.
The trip continues towards the Rano Raraku volcanic crater, formed of consolidated volcanic ash. Rano Raraku is a visual record of moai design vocabulary and technological innovation, where 397 moai remain.
Ahu Tongariki is the most surprising ahu (shrine) on the island, with 15 giant moais. Ahu Te Pito Kura has the largest statue erected on an ahu, the Paro Moai (10 meters, weighing 85 tons) and a pukao with a weight of 11.5 tons. It is believed that the last statue was demolished by 1840. The ahu is located next to a large stone ball that is identified as the center of the world (Te Pito o Te Henua), which according to legend was brought by King Hotu Matua by boat. During excavations, an extraordinary eye pupil of white coral red slag was found, and nowadays it is exhibited at the Museum of the Island.
Finish your tour at Anakena beach, known for its white sand beach, warm waters, and its own moais, before returning to your hotel.
Start time: 9 am
Duration: 8 hours
What You Get
Anakena Beach and Rapa Nui Cultural Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Pick-up and drop off from Hanga Roa hotels
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Passenger Transport Insurance
- Entrance fee to Rapa Nui National Park - this ticket is required to visit the park
- Pick-up or drop off from Explora or Altiplanico hotels
- It is recommended to bring: towel, sunblock, sunglasses, swimsuit, waterproof walking shoes (in Winter) and a camera
- Pick up and drop-off is from Hanga Roa hotels only; pickups are not available from the pier or cruise ship port
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick up is available from Hanga Roa hotels
To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address.