Zaachila and Cuilapan Half-Day Tour
Enjoy time spent visiting and exploring Villa de Zaachila and Cuilapan de Guerrero, modern towns which were lively centers of life centuries ago. See the archeological ruins of their former buildings, tombs, and churches on a full-day tour from Oaxaca.
Visit the archeological site of Zaachila and town of Cuilapan on a full-day tour from Oaxaca. Learn about the origin of these 2 locations and the buildings that still stand there today.
Zaachila archaeological zone is located in the town of Zaachila. It was founded by the Zapotec, and existed as the last Zapotec capital in the 14th and 15th centuries. Located in the center is a pyramid with 2 pre-Hispanic tombs; one is richly decorated and the treasures found in the other are on exhibit in the National Anthropological and Historical Museum in Mexico City. Much of the site, however, has modern-day structures on top of it, preventing further excavation. Meanwhile, the present-day town is known as Villa de Zaachila, and is famous for its open-air market every Thursday.
After visiting the indigenous present and past, continue to Cuilapan de Guerrero to see the colonial past. This town is best known for its open-air chapel. The 16th century Dominican monastery located here could have been the largest complex of its kind in the New World if it had ever been finished. Enjoy walking through the colorful but quiet streets to get a taste of what Cuilapan is like today.
Start time: 10 am
Duration: 6 hours
What You Get
Zaachila and Cuilapan Half-Day Tour
Adult: 10 years old and above
Child: 4 to 9 years old
- Round-trip transfers from Oaxaca City tourist area
- Food and drinks
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility
- No pets, suitcases or large bags allowed
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring your passport or ID, sunscreen, and some cash
- Pickup is included from your hotel in downtown Oaxaca, in the tourist area. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- To arrange your pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Please contact a Mexitours representative to confirm your hotel pick-up time at least 24 hours in advance using the phone number listed on your voucher or send an e-mail including your hotel name and any special requests.
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup is included from your hotel in downtown Oaxaca, in the tourist area. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
To arrange your pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
After your booking has been confirmed, please contact a Mexitours representative to confirm your hotel pick-up time at least 24 hours in advance using the phone number listed on your voucher or send an e-mail including your hotel name and any special requests.