Abseil into the sinkhole of the Sima de las Cotorras on a 7-hour rappeling tour from Tuxtla Gutiérrez.
Get an adrenaline rush on a full-day tour of the Sima de las Cotorras (Sinkhole of Parrots) in the karst plateau of Chiapas.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, drive towards the Selva El Ocote Biosphere Reserve, and marvel at the rain forest of Chimalapas. Straddling the borders of eastern Oaxaca and Veracruz in the Uxpanapa Chimalapas region, it is part of the largest tract of tropical rainforest in Mexico.
Once inside the reserve, go to the circular cavity of the Sima de las Cotorras sinkhole, and prepare for your dramatic descent. Every morning, thousands of parrots fly out of the cavity, returning by dusk.
As you abseil down about 200 feet (60 meters), you’ll see trees that can grow up to 100 feet (30 meters) tall, providing home to the parrots at the bottom of the hole. About half way down, you will also discover some ancient cave paintings, thought to be up to 10,000 years old.
After your rapel, there will be time to eat at a local restaurant to taste the regional food of Chiapas, before your transfer back to Tuxtla Gutiérrez.
Start time: 8 am
Duration: 9 hours
What You Get
Sima De Las Cotorras Rappeling Adventure
Adult: 13 to 60 years old
Child: 8 to 12 years old
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- Entrance fees to the Natural Reserve
- Rappel equipment
- 1 meal
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for the following:
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
- Please bring drinking water, comfortable shoes, sun block, and suitable clothing
- Prepare or have breakfast at your hotel before departure
- This activity is not suitable for people with back or leg injuries
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Tuxtla Gutierrez
How to use:
- To complete your booking, please email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher.
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Tuxtla Gutierrez
To complete your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.