Venture outside of Oaxaca City to picturesque San Augustín Etla. Discover how local Quesillo and paper are produced and visit a contemporary arts center.
Learn about two of the most distinctive commercial and artisan activities in the state of Oaxaca with a papermaking and Quesillo (Oaxaca cheese) tour. You’ll be picked up from your hotel in central Oaxaca and venture about 20 kilometers (around 12.5 miles) north of the city center to the Etla District, where traditional Quesillo and paper are made.
First, you will visit a former hydroelectric plant located in San Agustín Etla, where a community is dedicated to the production of paper using natural fibers of the region, such as tree bark, branches, flowers, pigments, and cotton.
Next, check out the spectacular Arts Center of St. Augustine, housed in the former La Soledad Yarns and Fabrics Factory, which was founded in 1883 and manufactured raw blankets from cotton. The abandoned building has been remodeled into a modern ecological arts center presenting contemporary art and culture exhibitions.
Finally, discover the secrets of locally made Quesillo and its unique flavor. Learn all about this famous cheese, which originated in Oaxaca, has gained international recognition, and is an important ingredient in Mexican gastronomy. You'll also visit the Etla market, well known for being located in the area where Quesillo originated, before returning to Oaxaca City.
Start time: 9.45 am
Duration: 4.5 hours
What You Get
San Agustín Etla Quesillo And Papermaking Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
Child: 4 to 10 years old
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Bilingual tour guide
- Food and drinks
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with limited mobility
- No pets, suitcases or large bags allowed
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Pickup is included from your hotel in center Oaxaca. Your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby wearing a blue shirt with the local partner's logo on it.
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- To arrange your pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup is included from your hotel in the center Oaxaca. Your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby wearing a blue shirt with the local partner's logo on it.
To arrange your pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address