Ocotlan De Morelos Cultural Experience And Tour
Immerse yourself in the colorful Oaxacan culture on this insightful tour of Ocotlan de Morelos. Meet local people, learn about their history and traditions, and visit a number of significant cultural landmarks within this UNESCO World Heritage Center.
The trip begins with pickup from your Oaxaca de Juarez accommodation and heads deep into the Central Valleys of Oaxaca to the colorful and friendly town of Ocotlan de Morelos. The first stop of the day is the town's main church, a place of emblematic significance for the community which is decorated in Neoclassical details. Continue the tour to Ocotlan de Morelos' traditional plaza, where residents and craftsmen from nearby towns meet every Friday to sell and trade products from the region. Follow your guide through the plaza and soak up the unique atmosphere of this vibrant hub, then stop by a cafe to taste Tejate, also known as the ‘drink of the God’s’.
The next stop of the tour takes you to Santo Tomas Jalieza to visit a small community dedicated to the art of Waist Loom, a pre-Hispanic textile technique. Listen to the history of this craft as you watch local people creating colorful clothes, bags, and other unique pieces by looming cotton threads.
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, taste a selection of delicious Oaxaca delicacies while learning more about the culture’s traditions and people. The final stop of the tour is San Martin Tilcajete, a small township bursting with colorful crafts and handmade trinkets. Wander around the town and admire the array of incredibly elaborate art works, which have been created by local people inspired by nature.
Start time: 10am
Duration: 7.5 hours
What You Get
Ocotlan de Morelos Cultural Experience and Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
Child: 3 to 10 years old
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Luggage or large bags are not allowed
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. It is recommended to bring some cash with you for personal purchases.
- Pickup is included from your accomodation in Oaxaca de Juarez
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed
How to use:
- To arrange your pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and accomodation address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup is included from your accomodation in Oaxaca de Juarez
To arrange your pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and accomodation address