Oaxaca, Mitla, Hierve el Agua & Mezcal Factory Day Tour
Enjoy a full tour through the main cultural attractions of Oaxaca City. Be amazed at the Mitla Archeological Site, then marvel at the beautiful petrified waterfalls of Hierve el agua. Learn about the manufacturing process of Mezcal on a factory tour.
Get picked up from your accommodation in Oaxaca and begin your magnificent day tour of the local cultural attractions. Make your first stop at the famous El Tule Tree, the ancient Ahuehuete (or Montezuma bald cypress tree), which is one of the largest trees in the world and weighs 509 tons. Continue your adventure with a visit to the Zapotec village of Teotitlán del Valle. Discover a community of indigenous weavers who use ancestral techniques to elaborate and paint their rugs. Admire how they create their own innovative designs and produce woven replicas of works by great painters such as Toledo, Picasso, and Tamayo.
Next, enter the city of the dead at the MITLA Archeological Site - a must-see stop on your tour. Here, your professional guide will provide a broad overview of the extraordinary Greek decoration and the architecture of the ruins. After this, head on to the impressive landscape of the Sierra Madre del Sur in Hierve el Agua. Marvel at the petrified waterfalls that have been sculpted over many years by the runoff of carbonated water.
End the tour by learning about and sampling one of the best flavors in the Oaxaca region on a tour of the Mezcal factory. Discover the manufacturing process of this typical drink and enjoy some of the different flavors on offer from aged mezcal to its diverse and delicious mezcal creams.
Start time: 10 am
Duration: 8 hours
What You Get
Oaxaca, Mitla, Hierve El Agua & Mezcal Factory Day Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
Child: 3 to 10 years old
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Ticket entrance
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- It is suggested to come in comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring some cash for personal expenses.
- Large bags or luggages are not allowed
- This tour is not recommended for people with mobility impairments.
- You will need to climb 200 steps to reach the top of the Hierve el Agua; there is no elevator
- Pick-up is availble from most hotels in Oaxaca city. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address to arrange pick-up
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is availble from most hotels in Oaxaca city. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
Email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address to arrange pick-up