Oaxaca Classic Downtown Food Tour
From mole and mezcal to chocolate and crickets, taste more than 20 food samples and discover why Oaxaca is one of the world's top food destinations.
Join a delicious 4-hour guided food tour in Oaxaca’s lively downtown area where you will visit 4 unique local restaurants and specialty shops and sample over 20 different foods and beverages, including mezcal.
Enjoy foods that contain some of the most important elements found in traditional Oaxacan cuisine like corn, chiles, and chocolate. Taste a variety of mezcals, straight up or in a cocktail form, as well as delicious agua frescas (fruit waters).
Learn about the culture and history of Oaxaca and the family traditions behind each food locales you visit. Your local guide will answer any questions you might have.
Start time: 12pm
Duration: 4 hours
What You Get
Oaxaca Classic Downtown Food Tour
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 12 years old and below
- Food and drinks
- Restaurant gratuities
- Guide gratuities
- Additional beverages not part of the original tour’s menu itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. You may wish to bring sunscreen, a sun hat and some cash
- Vegetarians and those who are lactose intolerant can be accommodated
- Distance walked is about 1 mile, which is suitable for most fitness levels
- You will be able to get a seat in all locations
- 5% of the tour price will be divided between two local non-profit charities: Esperanza Infantil and Institute of Historic Oaxacan Organs
How to use:
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: near Santa Domingo Church on Calle Macedonio Alcala.
Parking available at Estacionamiento Real Santo Domingo.