Monte Alban Zapotec Cultural Tour
Visit the archaeological zone of Monte Alban and learn about the great Zapotec culture. Visit the historic towns of Arrazola, Culiapan de Guerrero, and San Bartolo Coyotepec on this full-day tour.
Enjoy a tour of the extraordinary archaeological zone of Monte Alban, declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1987. Monte Alban, constructed on a plateau at 1,940 meters above sea level, is one of the most representative archaeological sites in Mexico. With pyramids, a court for the pre-Hispanic ball game, among many other mystical constructions, take this chance to explore cultural traces from different civilizations, such as the Olmecs, Mixtecs, and Zapotecs.
Continue to the town of Coyotepec, famous for its ceramics production, followed by a visit to the convent of Cuilapam. This Dominican convent dates back to the 16th century and was the site of the execution of one of Mexico's heroes from the Independence War, Vicente Guerrero. Finally, visit the village of Arrazola and head to a workshop to see how the famous Alebrijes (wood-carved fantasy animals) are made.
Start time: 9 am
Duration: 9 hours
What You Get
Monte Alban Zapotec Cultural Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual guide
- Entrances to the archaeological zone
- Travel insurance
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with limited mobility, pregnant women, and those with heart problems
- No pets, suitcases or large bags allowed
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are available from hotels in Oaxaca de Juarez.
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed. Pick up time will be between 9-9:30 am.
How to use:
- To arrange your pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hotel pickup and drop-off are available from hotels in Oaxaca de Juarez. Pick up time will be between 9-9:30 am.
To arrange your pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address