Discover the remote Chiflon Waterfall and lose yourself in the natural beauty of the Montebello Lakes National Park on a 12-hour tour from San Cristobal. Admire the striking colors of the bodies of water as they vary by different mineral content.
Start this full-day adventure into the wilderness of Chiapas with a morning pick-up from your hotel in San Cristobal. Drive to the impressive El Chiflon Waterfalls near the colonial city of Comitan, and hike an approximate 1-mile (1.5 kilometers) to the top of the multi-staged cascades, surrounded by mountains and rainforest.
Known for creating the impression of a pair of “angel’s wings” that appear to emerge from the mountain, the falls also offer striking turquoise waters that you can take a dip in at the end of your walk.
Continue to Montebello Lakes, a collection of 52 crystal clear lakes surrounded by pine forest. Here, you can dive into the refreshing blue waters, and even cross in a cayuco (a small, rustic wooden raft) to see beautiful orchids. In total, you will visit about 5 to 7 of the main lakes to experience the contrasting colors, which can vary from dark green, to bright emerald, turquoise, and even purple or red, depending on the mineral content.
You will then be transferred back to San Cristobal for a drop off at your hotel, or the Zocalo (Plaza 31 de Marzo) if you prefer.
Start time: 8.30 am
Duration: 12 hours
What You Get
Chiflon Waterfalls & Montebello Day Tour From San Cristobal
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 5 to 11 years old
- Round-trip transportation from San Cristobal
- Entrance to the parks
- Pick-up and drop off in San Cristobal
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sunglasses, a cap, sun block, and extra cash in case you want to purchase souvenirs and/or food.
- An additional change of clothing is also advised, in case you get wet by the waterfalls
- This tour is not suitable for the following:
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with high blood pressure
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Cristobal. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, please email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Cristobal.
To complete your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.