Float down the canals of Xochimilco and stroll around the colonial district of Coyoacan in Mexico City on this full-day private or group tour that also explores the world of the renowned Mexican painter Frida Kahlo
Enjoy a full-day sightseeing tour full of color and traditions on this sightseeing trip around some of Mexico City’s most enchanting neighborhoods.
Departing from Downtown Mexico City, head south, passing the most important sites of the modern city. Upon arrival at the calm waters of the Xochimilco canals, enjoy a scenic cruise along the waterway - one of the last traces of the Aztec era - on a traditional punt or pre-Hispanic boat.
Next, visit the colonial district of Coyoacan and admire the rambling 16th-century houses of Francisco Sosa Street. Continue along narrow cobblestone streets to the Zocalo (Main Square), where you will find the impressive mansion of the Conquistador, Hernando Cortes, and the Church of Saint John the Baptist (San Juan Bautista).
Later, explore the magical world of Frida Kahlo at the Frida Kahlo Museum (if option is selected). Housed in the striking cobalt blue house where she was born and returned for the last years of her life, the Casa Azul, as it is fondly known, contains a large assortment of pre-Hispanic artifacts, Mexican folk art, and indigenous jewelry from her personal collection.
The final stop of the day is University City, where you can admire the many murals at the Rectory, and wander around the main campus' Central Library. The campus also includes an impressive volcano-shaped, 63,000-seat Olympic Stadium.
Start time: 7.30am
Duration: 10 hours
What You Get
Xochimilco, Coyoacan & Frida Kahlo Museum Day Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Entrance to Frida Kahlo Museum
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- Bilingual guide
- Tour aboard a trajinera
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
How to use:
- Infants age 2 and below may join the tour for free. Kindly inform us if any will be accompanying you.
- Children must be always accompanied by an adult
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as a moderate amount of walking is involved
- Select your preferred pick-up point and timing when booking
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.