Tlaxclala And Cacaxtla Day Tour From Puebla
Cacaxtla was the most powerful capital in the Tlaxcalan region during the first half of the Texcalac cultural phase from A.D. 650-1100. The beauty and uniqueness of this archeological site are the well preserved frescos full of colors and simbols.
Pick-up is at your hotel in Puebla city with transfer to the archaeological zone of Cacaxtla that was the principal seat of the “Olmeca”, also known as the Olmeca Xicalanca. An archaeological study of the region confirmed that Cacaxtla was the most powerful capital in the Tlaxcalan region during the first half of the Texcalac cultural phase from A.D. 650-1100. Cacaxtla covers about 180,000 square feet of which only Building B has been fully excavated. This residential area is made up of a labyrinth of rooms, patios, and passageways built around two main plazas oriented on a north-south axis.
The architecture copied much of Teotihuacán’s talud-tablero style, together with a ground plan similar to Mayan palaces such as in Palenque. Frescoes are found throughout the palace site. The best preserved are found in the rooms adjoining the North Plaza, which is a six hundred square meter courtyard which was the focus of Cacaxtla’s ritual life. Then, we will continue to Tlaxcala, Capital of the State of Tlaxcala where we will visit the main plaza and the Mayor´s Palace to admire the murals in it.
To end your tour, visit to the beautiful "Nuestra Señora de Ocotlan" temple, and excellent example of the Mexican Barroque style. Return to Puebla hotels.
Start time: 9 am
Duration: 7 hours (approximate)
What You Get
Tlaxclala And Cacaxtla Day Tour from Puebla
Adult: 18 years old and above
Child: 17 years old and below
- Ground transportation from Puebla hotels
- English speaking guide
- Visit to Tlaxcala, Cacaxlta and Ocotlan temple
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adult participants
- Please come in comfortable shoes – there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces
- Don’t forget your sunglasses, cap and sun screen
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puebla. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking is confirmed.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puebla
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.