Enjoy Mexico City, with its mix of cultures.Explore every corner of its historic center on foot. Discover the oldest capital of America with a local guide.
Meet your guide at the Cielito Querido Café of the Museo Interactivo de Economía (MIDE), from where the walking tour of the historic center of Mexico City will start. On arrival to Manuel Tolsá square, admire the mix of neoclassical and art deco style constructions before continuing to the Postal Palace. Contemplate its façade, in the style of the great Italian palaces before entering the building. Marvel at the spectacular interior staircase. Continue to the majestic Palace of Fine Arts, completely covered in Carrara marbles and decorated in art deco style.
After seeing the picturesque Casa de los Azulejos, walk until you reach the Constitution Square known as El Zócalo. Here, listen to your guide’s explanations and learn how the city has changed over the years. Just a few steps from the square you will find the Templo Mayor. Tour the site and its museum with your local guide and admire treasures of Aztec origin.
Visit the National Palace, headquarters of the Federal Executive Power of Mexico. Admire murals by Diego Rivera in his main corridor, which represent characters and landscapes from the history of Mexico. Stop in the Metropolitan Cathedral with your guide, see its impressive interior and learn about its histoyimportance
Throughout the tour you will see how the historic center of Mexico City holds a vibrant mix of cultures. People of all ages and economic backgrounds live together here.
Start time: 10am
Duration: 4 hours
What You Get
Mexico City Historical City Center Guided Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
Child: 2 to 10 years old
- Official bilingual guide for the panoramic walk
- Entrance fees to Templo Mayor
- Entrance fees to National Palace
- Entrance fees to Metropolitan Cathedral
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
How to use:
- Please, be aware that the tour includes walking, it is advised that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Umbrellas are important during the rainy season (end of May to October)
- Templo Mayor charges for taking pictures (without flash) or video recording (no professional)
- Flash cameras are forbidden in front of the Murales del Palacio Nacional
- Palacio Nacional's army prefers not to be photographed
- Palacio Nacional closes on Mondays and event days
- The minimum number of people required for the tour's departure is 2 people. Maximum number of people 12.
- Infants 1 year old and below may join the tour for free. Kindly inform us if any will be accompanying you.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Cielito Querido Café MIDE (Tacuba No. 17, Col. Centro)