Hike up the side of a dormant volcano with the help of an expert mountain guide. Marvel at the high-altitude vistas. Test yourself and experience thrill at new heights.
After pickup from your accommodation in Puebla, head out towards Iztaccíhuatl-Popocatépetl National Park. After 2 hours, you’ll arrive at La Joyita, where you’ll register with officials and gain a better understanding of the route via a scale model of the volcanoes. From there, you’ll continue driving to La Joya, 13,133 feet above sea level, and the main parking area for volcanic exploration.
Begin your hike, climbing to the first scenic viewpoint at 13,914 feet above sea level. Gaze out across the breathtaking vista before climbing even higher, to 14,340 feet, where you’ll pause again, finally ending your hike at an unbelievable 14,842 feet above sea level. Break for lunch, taking in the otherworldly views. Afterwards, you’ll descend back to the parking lots, before heading back to your accommodation.
Start time: 9 am
Duration: 8 hours (approximate)
What You Get
Iztaccihuatl and Popocatepetl Volcanoes Hiking Experience from Puebla
Person: 13 years old and above
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 1 8-ounce water bottle
- 1 energy bar
- Coffee or tea
- Trekking sticks
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women and people with back, respiratory, heart or mobility problems.
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg) are also not suitable.
- Appropriate hiking boots, as well as proper clothing for a long hike are essential. Tennis shoes are not acceptable for this activity.
- Sleeveless shirts and shorts are not allowed
- Please bring some food for lunch and water.
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puebla. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking is confirmed.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puebla
To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address.