Discover the magical towns of Hidalgo on a 12-hour tour from Mexico City. Taste the local cuisine and learn the culture of mining towns such as Real del Monte. See colonial buildings in Huasca de Ocampo, where one of Mexico’s 1st haciendas was built.
Escape the hustle and bustle of Mexico City for the day on a full-day tour of the towns of Hidalgo.
Following a pick-up from a central meeting point in Mexico City, transfer north to the mining town of Real del Monte (Mineral del Monte). Here, you will have approximately 4 hours to explore the streets at leisure. Sample some of the local street food, such as pulque bread, tamales and other examples of Hidalgo cuisine.
Go to the English cemetery, where all the graves are oriented towards England. Enjoy some free time to shop and find some lunch. Then, continue to the Basaltic Prisms of Huasca de Ocampo. Admire the 30-meter tall geometric basalt columns that decorate the walls of the impressive Santa Maria Regla Canyon, where 4 waterfalls feed the San Antonio Regla dam.
See the beautiful 18th-century Hacienda San Miguel Regla, former residence of the mining magnate and philanthropist Pedro Romero de Terreros. See why Huasca de Ocampo is named “Magical Town” (Pueblo Mágico) for its preserved architecture and natural surroundings.
Discover arches that were once part of the courts, and ovens where the silver was extracted on a 2-hour tour of the hacienda, before returning to Mexico City.
Duration: 10 hours
What You Get
Hidalgo Day Tour: Real Del Monte, Huasca & Prismas
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Bilingual guide
- Food and drink
How to use:
- Infants age 2 and below may join the tour for free. Kindly inform us if any will be accompanying you.
- We advise you to wear comfortable shoes, as a moderate amount is involved, and there is irregular terrain.
- Likewise, we advise you to bring a light raincoat and/or an umbrella on summer season.
- Select your pick-up timing and location when booking
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.