Discover the largest pyramid in the world on a 6-hour double decker bus tour of Cholula Town. Travel through a dramatic landscape of volcanoes, and stop at Santa Maria Tonanzintla and the Acatepec temples to see the Mexican baroque style.
Depart from Puebla City’s main plaza (“Zocalo”) and travel by traditional double-decker bus 5 miles to the west to the “double” town of Cholula, which brings together San Pedro and San Andres. Each of these towns has its own main square and church, but they are so close to each other that the border has been lost and they are both thought of as the same town.
The panoramic tour starts in San Pedro Cholula at the Plaza de la Concordia, which is flanked by the Convento de San Gabriel, built by Franciscans in 1549 on the site of the ruins of a temple dedicated to Quetzalcóat. Continue towards the Great Pyramid of Cholula, the largest in the world. On the top, admire the Nuestra Señora de los Remedios Temple, built by the Spanish in 1549. Continue to San Andrés Cholula, and stop for a moment to visit the beautiful parish.
Climb aboard the bus again to transfer to the temples of San Francisco Acatepec and Santa María Tonanzintla. Marvel at the Mexican baroque style. There is no corner that hasn't been decorated. Continue to San Pedro Cholula, passing the wizard’s house, and Copa de Oro cider factory. Finally, stop at San Pedro Cholula Zocalo, and enjoy some free time to visit the Great Pyramid, local market, Royal Chapel, San Gabriel Convent, and Concordia Plaza.
Start time: 11am or 12pm
Duration: 6 hours (approximate)
What You Get
Cholula Town Double-decker Bus Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Round-trip transportation from Puebla Zocalo to Cholula Magical Town
- Audio guide
- Transportation insurance
- Admission to the pyramid
- Food and drinks
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 adult participants
- Please wear comfortable shoes, use sun block, and bring a hat or cap
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the tip booth at the Puebla Tourism Office, Portal Hidalgo 14, Zocalo, Puebla (on Juan de Palafox y Mendoza Avenue)