If you are a nature and wildlife lover this is an extraordinary way to experience the tropical forest of Puerto Vallarta and its beautiful flora and fauna. This 3-hour tour is a breath of fresh air high atop the Puerto Vallarta eco-park mountain ranges.
If you are a nature and wildlife lover this is an extraordinary way to experience the tropical forest of Puerto Vallarta and its beautiful flora and fauna in El Nogalito Eco Park. Your expert guide will take you along the beautiful river all the way to a waterfall while explaining more about the biodiversity of plants and wildlife of the area. This 3 hour tour is a breath of fresh air high atop the Puerto Vallarta eco-park mountain ranges.
Nestled in a valley of the Sierra Madre mountain range, this natural Eden offers thick lush sub-tropical vegetation, a river of crystalline quality and the peacefulness of a quiet Mexican village. El Nogalito actually means little oak and the town got its name from the small oaks found in the higher regions up the river also called by the same name. This area is definitely worth visiting.
As you hike, crisscrossing the river, a colorful dragonfly may perch on a nearby leaf; a lizard may scuttle rapidly along a rock or remain motionless in an attempt at camouflage; a wide variety of butterflies may flutter along your path and beautiful birds may pick at small fruit from an overhead tree.
After about an hour or two of hiking through this magnificent vegetation, you come across a small water cascade flowing into a pool of crystal clear water where you may enjoy a refreshing swim. This location is the ideal place for a small rest and light lunch. The more adventurous may climb up to the second level of the falls where the water is deeper and the work of Mother Nature carved in granite by eons of erosion is even more obvious.
Start time: 8am
Duration: 3 hours
What You Get
Puerto Vallarta River Hiking Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 8 to 11 years old
- Round trip transportation from specific locations
- 3 hour hike
- Free tequila tasting
- Admission fees
- Hiking guide and assistance
- 1 snack (fruit and a granola bar)
- 1 bottle of water
- Food and beverages at restaurant
- Personal Expenses
How to use:
- Please wear hiking shoes, comfortable clothing, bring a swimsuit, camera, towel, sunblock, insect repellent and money for souvenirs.
- Pick-up is available for two points, one in Puerto Vallarta and one in Nuevo Vallarta. The pick-up location and time will be confirmed after booking.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available for two points, one in Puerto Vallarta and one in Nuevo Vallarta. The pick-up location and time will be confirmed after booking.