Put on your sombrero and live the day as a Mexican Charro learning about this iconic cowboy tradition and joining a celebratory horse parade.
Spend a day in the ‘boots’ of a traditional Mexican Charro and be part of a Charreada (rodeo) on a guided tour where you will learn why the Charro is a UNESCO recognized identity of Mexican culture.
Get picked up and begin your tour with a bit of city history as you drive through historic neighborhoods that were very important at the beginning of Charrería history. Arrive at the Lienzo, a type of cowboy arena, where a Charro will welcome you and give you an introduction to the origins of the Mexican Charro in the arena’s museum.
See the fantastic collection of different accessories and traditional costumes that Charros use every Sunday in the Charreada, which is a competitive event similar to a rodeo. Get a lesson on how to use the lasso’s used by the Charros and learn the differences between a Mexican lasso and those used in other cultures in the world.
Brush and saddle up the horses and see how they are chosen for the parade that begins the Charrería. If possible, ride a horse along with other Charros so you can be part of this exciting parade. Take part in some traditional tasks as your Charro guide explains each of the different activities that take place during a Charreria.
Celebrate the end of this unique cultural experience alongside your new Charro friends drinking some tequila and listening to the sounds of mariachi guitars.
Start time: 11am
Duration: 3.5 hours
What You Get
Mexican Charro and Charreada Cultural Tour
Adult: 18 years old and above
Child: 17 years old and below
- Pickup service
- Entrance fee
- Bottle of water
- 2 alcoholic drinks (Beer or Tequila)
- Drop-off service
How to use:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Some people may have allergies to dust or horses during the tour. In case you have allergies, bring medication with you.
- Pick-up is available from hotels in Guadalajara. The pick-up location and time will be confirmed after booking.
- To arrange your pick-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from hotels in Guadalajara.