Explore the circular pyramids of Guachimontones and learn about the indigenous culture at the unique archeological site. Discover the magical town of Tequila and learn about and taste the spirit at Jose Cuervo, the oldest distillery in America.
After getting picked up from selected hotels in the Guadalajara area, begin your experience with a ride to the Teuchitlan town where the Guachimontones Archeological Site is located. Head into the mountains towards the site, and meet your certified guide who will share many interesting stories with you.
In the first part of the tour, watch an introductory video and learn about the civilization that lived in the area for more than 700 years. Then, start your visit to the interpretative center where you can learn about the archeological work, traditions, and lifestyle of these peoples. Continue the tour by visiting the pyramids where you must walk uphill for a couple of minutes. Once you arrive at this magical site, the guide will give you an explanation about the area and discuss the different hypotheses that are still being researched about its history.
Next, continue the tour to the town of Tequila, where your guide will show you the difficult task of the Jimadores, the crop workers who take care of these plants in the agave farms. See how they plant and harvest the crops. Then, discover the process of making the tequila spirit inside the historic Jose Cuervo Distillery. Learn about the drink and its properties with tastings included. After the tour, discover the main plaza of Tequila where can you find restaurants, cantinas, and souvenir stores.
Start time: 8.5am
Duration: 8 hours
What You Get
Guachimontones Pyramids & Jose Cuervo Tequila Tour
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Entrance to Guachimontones Archeological Site
- Entrance to Jose Cuervo Agave Fields
- Entrance to Jose Cuervo Distillery
- Bottled water on board
- Food and drinks
How to use:
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and some cash
- Pick-up is available from selected hotels in Guadalajara. The pick-up location and time will be confirmed after booking. Staff will wear a blue shirt with the company logo.
- Email email@example.com with your preferred pick-up point from the provided list below
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from the following addresses in Guadalajara:
- Av. Adolfo López Mateos Sur 1710, San José del Tajo, El Palomar, 45645 Palomar, Jal., México
- Av Moctezuma 10F, Cd del Sol, 45050 Zapopan, Jal., México
- Calle Florida 305, Prados del Nilo, 45500 San Pedro Tlaquepaque, Jal., México
- Av Ramón Corona 243, Mexicaltzingo, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., México
- Av. Adolfo López Mateos Sur 830, Chapalita, 44500 Guadalajara, Jal., México
- Calle Manuel López Cotilla 2077, Arcos Vallarta, 44130 Guadalajara, Jal., México
- Av, Calle Aurelio Aceves No. 225, Vallarta Poniente, 44110 Guadalajara, Jal., México
- Av. de las Américas 1551, Providencia, 44630 Guadalajara, Jal., México
- Blvrd Puerta de Hierro 4965, 45116 Zapopan, Jal., México
- Calle Gómez Farias 231, Linda Vista, 45100 Zapopan, Jal., México