Palma Sola Archaeological Zone And Market Visit With Lunch
Petroglyphs date from 200 BC to AD 600, and are located deep within a forest above Acapulco. This site is one of the 12 known petroglyphs sites in the Acapulco area. Little is known about the site, or the people who created them.
For pre-Hispanic societies myths held the keys to the endless repetition of cycles, and whoever had command of them was able to give guidance to the community in terms of issues as important as birth, puberty, adulthood and death, as well as of all the rituals that sealed the agreement with the deities.
This petroglyph shows in three different panels the involvement of people in community celebrations in order to procure the attention and aids of the gods. People are show dancing and praying. Individuals from various kinship groups are differentiated from one another by lines that represent the link to their forefathers.
The Mercado Municipal is really an eye-opener! You have never been in a real, large, Mexican market before, and you will find it fascinating. There is so much to see—dry goods, housewares, gorgeous flowers, candy, live roosters, fresh produce and more. Many stalls featured health care products, which were a combination of herbal remedies and Santeria-type spells and prayers to saints. One of these stalls had a cage full of large live bugs, whose purpose You will prefer not to ask about.
Of all the places you visit on this trip to Acapulco, you will be glad to have seen the Mercado.
Start time: 10 am
Duration: 5 hours
What You Get
Palma Sola Archaeological Zone and Market Visit with Lunch
- Energy bars
- Bottled water
- Mexican lunch, including tacos dorados de pollo or enchiladas, or a burger with salad and potato chips
- Personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments and wheelchair users
- Participants must be in good physical shape
- Come in comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Pick-up service is available from most hotels located in Acapulco Diamond Hotel Area (such as Las Brisas, Encanto, Mayan, Sheraton, Pierre, Imperial, Princess, etc.)
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking is confirmed.
How to use:
- To arrange pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up service is available from most hotels located in Acapulco Diamond Hotel Area (such as Las Brisas, Encanto, Mayan, Sheraton, Pierre, Imperial, Princess, etc.)
To arrange pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address