Acapulco Walking Tour: San Diego Fort And Cliff Divers
Admire the world-famous high cliff diving exhibition and San Diego Fort, one of the historical highlights of Acapulco. The museum here focuses on the colonial era of Mexico. Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour.
After collection from your accommodation, the first stop is San Diego Fort, one of the historical highlights of Acapulco. Housing a fine museum with air-conditioned and well-lit rooms depicting the main themes of the trans-Pacific trade, its 8-foot-thick walls contain unique and interesting professional exhibits that depict life in another era. This museum focuses on the era of the Manila Galleons, which came here yearly for 250 years. The exhibit rooms are arranged chronologically.
After you leave the Fort, you’ll head to the domed cathedral, built in 1936 in a Moorish style. The statue on the left tower is of San Felipe de Jesús, Mexico’s first saint.
The group will also make a shopping stop where you will enjoy beers, margaritas and sodas. Just past the monument, beneath the statue of a diver and between two cannons, you’ll have a spectacular view of the open Pacific. The stairway leads down to the viewing platforms where you can watch the world-famous cliff divers.
Start time: 9.30 am
Duration: 4 hours
What You Get
Acapulco Walking Tour: San Diego Fort and Cliff Divers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Small group tour
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Come in comfortable clothes and shoes
- A considerable amount of walking will be involved in this tour. It is not suitable for those with mobility impairments.
- Pick-up service is available from most hotels located in the Acapulco Diamond hotel area
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking is confirmed.
How to use:
- To arrange pick-up, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up service is available from most hotels located in the Acapulco Diamond hotel area. (E.g. Grand Mayan, Acapulco Princess, Mayan Palace, Banyan Tree Hotels)
To arrange pick-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address