Enjoy a unique and amazing experience of the ancient Mayan ceremony in the "home of hot stones" with a real shaman. Temazcal is a unique opportunity that allowed you to get to know the culture of Mexico closely.
Your tour begins with a 90 minute drive to Temazcal. Once there, you will starts with an introductory talk from the "temazcalero" guide, who will answer questions,
After a small cleaning ceremony with the copal and aromatic herbs, you will enter the temazcal and start experiencing the heat of the volcanic rock and its red light in the darkness. The aroma of herbs and copal will allow you to feel at ease, purify your body, and create space to get rid of bad energies and purify intentions. Using aromatic herbs, mud, honey, aloe vera, and refreshing teas, the temazcalero will guide you through four intervals of increasing and decreasing heat (by opening the door of the temazcal). Enjoy the curative powers along with songs and musical instruments.
At any time, you can leave the temazcal or ask the shaman to increase or reduce heat. This experience will allow you to find a space of positive and curative energies towards the body and spirit, as well as relaxation. All of this is done in a healthy and safe place.
After the session in the temazcal, you can take a cold bath and then enjoy fresh fruit of the season and water. Because of its interactive character, the length of the temazcal session varies, but it is usually around 90 minutes.
You will leave refreshed, renewed, and filled with positive energy.
Duration: 6 hours
Start time: 3.30pm
What You Get
Temazcal Ceremony Experience
Adult/Child: 16 years old and above
- Pick-up and drop off
- Light dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- Do note that this is a shared experience and you may be joined by other guests
- Not recommended for participants with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Before entering the Temazcal please make sure you do not eat for 2 hours and are well hydrated.
- It is recommended that you wear a swimsuit and bring a towel, change of clothes, and bug repellent.
- Pick-up is available from Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Tulum. You will be informed of the timing after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- After placing your booking, complete your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and accomodation address, as well as the full name and date of birth of each participant
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email. This will take about 2 to 3 days.
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Tulum