Enjoy the beautiful and uninhabited Contoy Island on this day-trip from the Cancun or Riviera Maya area. Visit Isla Mujeres' beautiful downtown area, which is rich with cultural heritage and historic significance.
The tour begins with pickup from your hotel in the Cancun area, passing through Playa del Carmen, and arriving at the new private marina, located at the Punta Sam Ferry Terminal. Benefit from fast check-in and enjoy a continental breakfast that includes sweet bread, fruit, cereal, coffee, and juice. At 09:45 AM after breakfast and check-in, you will board the boat and head toward the Ixlache Reef. The reef is located off the coast of Contoy and right at the beginning of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, the second-largest reef system in the world.
Snorkeling gear is included and you will be accompanied by a bilingual guide (one for every 10 people). This activity will last around 45 minutes. Once the snorkeling is over, board the ship and head to Contoy Island. In the event of bad weather, you will do the snorkeling activity at the island in the safety of its shallow waters.
Contoy Island is an uninhabited island that has been a protected area since 1961 and, due to its biodiversity, a national park since 1998. Once you disembark, you will be able to enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. You can also do some sightseeing by foot with certified guides, visit the museum, observatory, and the lagoon. There you will find a wide variety of birds, some of them endemic. You can also go to the dunes and learn about the flora and fauna species of the island. But, if relaxing is your goal, then you can also choose to stay and lay down below a Palmera on the beautiful beach or do some more snorkeling in the Caleta area.
Then it’s lunchtime. Enjoy Pescado Tikinxic, which is broiled fish with achiote and other local species as well as broiled chicken, rice, salad, accompanied with your favorite drink. Once lunch is over, you will have additional free time on the beach, before you board the boat and head to Isla Mujeres, where there will be free time to visit the fishermen’s village or do some shopping. After Isla Mujeres, head back to Cancun, arriving at the marina at the Punta Sam Ferry Terminal around 6:00 PM.
Start time: 8.15am
Duration: 9 hours
What You Get
Isla Contoy & Isla Mujeres Day Trip
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 6 to 11 years old
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel in Cancun, Riviera Maya or Playa del Carmen (depending on option selected)
- Continental breakfast
- Snorkeling gear
- 45 minutes of snorkeling at Ixlache Reef
- Certified bilingual guides
- Contoy Island tour
- Open bar (water, soft drinks, beer, and cocktails)
- Isla Mujeres downtown visit
- Federal dock fee (13 USD per person to be paid in cash at the check-in)
- Personal expenses
- Infants age 5 and below may join the tour for free. Kindly inform us if any will be accompanying you.
- Pick-up is available from Cancun and Isla Mujeres. After your booking is confirmed, you will be informed of the pick-up timing
- Please come in comfortable shoes and bring swimwear, a towel, biodegradable sunscreen and cash
- Included expenses that are not utilised are strictly non-refundable
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out to participate
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from Cancun and Isla Mujeres