Explore Calakmul, one of the oldest and largest archaeological Mayan sites and also the largest ecological reserves in Mexico.
Calakmul is one of the oldest and greatest Mayan sites, also the largest ecological reserve of Mexico, where many species in danger of extinction such as the jaguar, king vulture, harpy, eagle, dark and spider monkey and many others inhabit. Archaeology and ecology blend in Calakmul, giving place to one of the most impressive sites of the Mayan world, which due to its beauty has been declared patrimony of mankind by UNESCO.
Your tour will begin with a hotel pick-up in Palenque or Bacalar. After picking you up from your hotel, you'll drive for approximately 5-hours, entering the biosphere reserve, where the ancient Mayan capital of Calakmul lies. The road will open with unique chances to spot the flora and fauna endemic to the region. The clean and fresh air will make for a full immersion trip into nature.
Once there, you'll enjoy a 3.5-hour visit. Admire the wonderful flora and fauna surrounding the archaeological zone and maybe spot endemic birds or deer. You'll have a chance to climb the Great Pyramid and, from there, get a 360 degree view of the entire area. Learn about the importance of this site and how it served the Maya civilization during the Classic period. There are more than 6,500 structures here and the site has already been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. You will then have time to eat lunch and then board a vehicle back to Palenque city, where you will be dropped-off at your hotel. If you’re looking for a full-day immersed in a quiet and unique natural environment, this tour is a must.
Start time: 8 am
Duration: 15 hours
What You Get
Full-Day Calakmul Biosphere Reserve from Bacalar
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 4 to 12 years old
- Round trip transportation from Bacalar (hotel pick-up)
- Entrance fees to natural areas and parks
- Certified or local guide at the archaeological zone
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sunglasses, a cap, biodegradeable sun block, and extra cash in case you want to purchase souvenirs and/or food.
- This tour is not suitable for the following:
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Bacalar. You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, please email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Bacalar.
To complete your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address.