Cozumel Underground River Guided Tour
Discover the mystic Mayan underworld in one of the best-preserved cenotes in all of the Riviera Maya. Leap into the underground river.
Discover the mystic Mayan underworld. Visit one of the best-preserved cenotes in all of the Riviera Maya. Meet in the Centro district of Cozumel. Take a short ferry ride from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, where you’ll drive to the cavern. Along the way, your knowledgable guide will explain you the history of the cavern, in order to enrich your experience.
Once you’ve reached the heart of the jungle, get suited-up for your adventure. Choose to either climb down the ladder or splash straight into the cenote within the cavern. Swim across the cenote and through the dark tunnels which connect the subterranean waters. As you delve deep into this underground world, your guide will point out the cavern’s many fascinating features. Explore the unbelievable cavern and admire the stalagmites and stalactites which took more than 65 million years to form.
After your tour, enjoy a Mexican snack and refreshing beverage before returning to Cozumel.
Start time: 9am or 11am
Duration: 6 hours
What You Get
Cozumel Underground River Guided Tour
Adult: 12 to 65 years old
Child: 8 to 11 years old
- Round-trip Ferry transportation (Cozumel-Playa del Carmen-Cozumel)
- Ground Transportation (only in Playa del Carmen)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Underground river entrance fee
- Bottled water & light Snack
- Neoprene wetsuit
- Water shoes
- Snorkeling gear
- Personal expenses
- All participants must be proficient swimmers and in good health.
- People with mobility impairments or heart problems are not suitable for this activity.
- Please note, the use of a life vest during the snorkeling activity is mandatory. No exception.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver.
- Please note that the local partner is committed to protecting the ocean environment and the Caribbean’s vast coral reefs. Therefore, the use of any type of sunscreen, sunblock, or suntan lotion which could eventually make its way into the ocean is not allowed.
- All guests must shower before entering any rivers, cenotes or the ocean. We suggest the use of long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Coral, fish and all other sea creatures thank you for your cooperation.
- It is recommended to bring sunglasses, swimwear, a towel, change of clothes, camera and some cash
- Come dressed in comfortable clothes. A long sleeved shirt is recommended.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time at Cozumel Fiscal Pier.
How to use:
- After your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Avenida Rafael E. Melgar S/N Interior del Muelle Fiscal, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
Meet in front of the golden swallows.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time at Cozumel Fiscal Pier.