Explore the incredible underground rivers, or "cenotes" of the Mayan civilization. Take a swim with 3 different species of sea turtles in their own natural environment and at a spectacular coral reef with transfers from Cancun or Playa del Carmen.
Start the tour with pick up from the lobby of your hotel in Cancun or Playa del Carmen then set off on your 3-hour cenote discovery tour. Find out about how these impressive underground rivers were sacred places for the Mayan civilization and are the habitat for an array of marine and wildlife. Explore 3 different cenotes in total, 2 of which, you are able to snorkel in.
First, head over to the most beautiful cenote of the area just outside Riviera Maya. Observe eagle rays and find colorful fish amongst the world's 2nd-largest reef system. Full snorkeling gear will be provided and a professional guide will be there with you at all times to ensure you feel safe and take pictures.
Then, travel to a designated bay to admire sea turtles in their natural environment. Spend approximately 1-hour swimming and snorkeling. Enjoy this incredible opportunity to get up close to these spectacular creatures with sightings guaranteed.
During the tour, enjoy a buffet snack of fruit, pastries, homemade "empanadas" (stuffed pastries), and refreshments. Finally, get dropped off back at your hotel where your memorable experience concludes.
Start time: 7 am
Duration: estimated 3 hours
What You Get
Cenote Snorkelling Discovery Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 5 to 11 years old
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour of 3 cenotes (underground rivers) with snorkeling at 2 of them
- Guaranteed snorkeling with turtles
- Coral reef snorkeling
- All necessary gear and equipment
- Wetsuit at the cenotes
- Fruit, pastries, empanadas, and drinks
- Turtle conservation fee ($10 per person, including children)
- Personal expenses
- Children from 0 to 4 years old are not allowed on the tour
- Please bring comfortable lightweight clothing, walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a swimsuit, and an extra change of clothes
- This tour is not suitable for those with mobility impairment or are unable to swim
- Pick up is available from hotels in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. You will be informed of the meeting time after booking. Please wait at the lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
How to use:
- After placing your order, complete your booking by emailing email@example.com with your order number and accomodation address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the voucher to participate
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up from hotels in Cancun or Playa del Carmen