Street Arts of George Town from Penang
Making strolling through Georgetown’s streets just a little bit more exciting, in 2012 Penang’s municipal council hired London-trained Lithuanian artist, Ernest Zacharevic and charged him with breathing new life into some of the atmospheric Chinese shop-houses around the inner city. An effort to spawn awareness of the rich history of the streets, the project was a success with Zacharevic turning certain areas into thriving tourist destinations that also became the much-talked about object of attention among locals.
His artwork is spread out across Penang’s city centre, along roads like Muntri Street, Weld Quay, Lebuh Leith, Armenian Street, Ah Quee Street and more.
Travel to inner George Town for an exploratory walking tour in search of the unique murals or wall paintings mimicking the life in the city. Many have become enamoured of the newly transformed streetscape of George Town. Discover the wrought-iron caricatures with anecdotal descriptions of the streets that they adorn. Blending humour and historical facts, sufficient time will be given for photo-shooting.
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Optional Gratuities
- Food & drinks
How To Buy
1. Purchase online
2. Email the following information to email@example.com for booking of the tour:
• Your Order Number
• Hotel Details (Name, address and contact number)
3. Receive a second email confirmation with the tour details
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point.
- For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- Booking is required to be made 5 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.