Langkawi Mangrove Kayaking Experience
Paddle a kayak through Langkawi’s mangrove forests on a half-day tour that also visits a fish farm and bat cave. Watch for monkeys, lizards, and other wildlife in the thick mangrove forest canopy, using the small, maneuverable craft to explore narrow waterways where most boats can’t go, and heading deep into the protected Kilim Mangrove Forest Reserve.
Transfer to Kilim jetty for a 5-minute boat ride to a fish farm, where after a briefing by the instructor proceed on an interesting kayaking experience through the mangrove forests, pedaling along small rivers where boats cannot access. You may spot eagles, bats, macaque monkeys, fiddler crabs, mudskippers, kingfishers and other creatures. Return to the fish farm for lunch, then visit the Bat Cave before returning to the Kilim jetty by boat for transfer to hotel.
- Minimum 2 persons required for this shared tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- What to wear: You'll be exposed to the sun and will partially get wet, swimming attire, shorts
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- What to bring: Sunscreen, spare clothes and towel, slippers, hat
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- English speaking driver and guide
- Entrance fee
How To Buy
1. Purchase online
2. Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for booking of the tour:
• Your Order Number
• Hotel Details (Name, address and contact number)
3. Receive a second email confirmation with the tour details
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
- First Stop: Kilim Karst Geoforest Park Meet your guide at the jetty for a brief but thorough safety orientation before boarding your kayak and paddling along the coastal river to explore the mangrove forest. Unique species of flora and fauna, which have adapted to the ever changing environment in this mangrove forest, are truly beautiful sights to behold. If you're lucky, you'll get to see some exotic animals such as the white-bellied sea eagles, brahminy kites, kingfishers, herons, mudskippers, fiddler crabs and monitor lizards, and many more.
- Second Stop: Langkawi Fish Farm After exploration, proceed to Fish Farm Restaurant for lunch.
- Third Stop: Gua Kelawar (Bat Cave) After you get off the boat, there is a wooden footbridge that goes through mangrove swamps and right into the Bat Cave. There is a large population of Malaysian fruit bats that reside here.