Wagashi Making Experience
Choose two out of three types of confectionery to make and savour your hard work and eat on the spot - when it tastes best!
Wagashi refers to traditional Japanese confectionery that both look and taste good. It is loved by people of all ages. The major ingredient of wagashi is "anko" - carefully mushed and sweetened red beans. Wagashi can be enjoyed with all five senses according to the season and event. You will make two types of wagashi of your choice from the following three options:
- Jo-namagashi: traditional high-grade fresh confections that are beautiful and delicate to suit the seasons
- Sweets such as dorayaki or daifuku
- Contemporary Japanese sweets using ingredients such as mascarpone cheese, chocolate and so on.
After making, it's time to taste the wagashi you made. You may find Japanese tea a little bitter but it goes well with sweet wagashi.
Meeting time: 2 pm
Lesson duration: approximately 2 hours
What You Get
Wagashi (Japanese Confectionary) Making Experience
Adult: 18 years old and above
Child: 6 to 17 years old
- Two kinds of Japanese confectionery, tea
- Children age 5 and younger can take part in the activity free of charge.
- Children age 6 to 17 may purchase the child fare
- Children under 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Children between 16 and 17 years old may participate without an adult if they have a total of 2 or more persons
- If a child is under 15 years old , the attendance of a parent or guardian is required
- Maximum number of people per class is 5, including children and infants
- Minimal animal products are used in Japanese confectionery lesson
- Milk products, egg and edible pigment may be used for certain confectionery
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
- Ticket gate of Toyosu Station on Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line
- Please come to the ticket gate, on the underground level, close to Exit 1 and 2 in the direction of LaLaport Toyosu shopping mall.