Mt Hachijo-fuji & Mt Mihara Hiking Day Tour
Hike Hachijojima, on a trek to the caldera at the peak of the iconic Mt. Hachijo-Fuji, or enter the jungle-like forests of the nearby Mt. Mihara and discover hidden waterfalls.
Hachijojima Island has a unique topography formed by thousands of years of volcanic activity. Two massive mountains flank the main town on both sides, and offer plentiful opportunities for easy but unforgettable hiking. The highest of them, Mt. Hachijo-Fuji bears a striking visual resemblance to the original Mt. Fuji, although on a smaller scale (854 meters). There is little vegetation on the upper slopes of this volcano, offering up a breathtaking panoramic view of the entire island and the ocean beyond. Opposite this iconic symbol of Hachijojima, stands Mt. Mihara, a much older mountain known for its jungle-like forests, with luscious greenery and plenty of hidden waterfalls and crystal clear springs.
In this experience, you can choose between hiking both of Hachijojima's mountains with an experienced and knowledgeable local guide. Although the mountains are not dauntingly tall, they each possess a few dangerous areas to avoid, and therefore hiking with a guide is highly recommended.
- 08:30–08:50 Pick up from your accommodation, the airport or the port
- 09:00 Arrive at the 7th Station of Mt. Hachijo-Fuji by car and begin hiking.
- Climb the 1,280 rocky stairs formed from cooled lava to reach the panoramic views at the top.
- If weather conditions permit, you can walk around the ridge of the caldera and visit the shrine inside.
- 12:00 Descend and have lunch (not included in the tour price)
- 13:00 Begin hiking at Mt. Mihara
- Reach the largest waterfall Karadaki and discover unusual plants.
- 16:30 Descent and end of tour.
Duration: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
What You Get
Mt Hachijo-Fuji & Mt Mihara Hiking Day Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 6 to 11 years old
- Personal expenses
- Drop-off service
- The hiking tours are available all year but please be aware that it gets very hot in July and August. Particularly the top of Mt. Hachijo-Fuji has no vegetation and no shade. Take care not to get heat stroke.
- Lunch is not included in the full-day tour. Your guide will introduce places to eat during the lunch break.
- Walking on the ridge of the caldera might not be advised in case of strong wind.
- In case of bad weather, the host will inform you if the tour will be canceled by 21:00 on the previous day.
- Please bring a bottle of water, hat, clothes for hiking (long sleeves are recommended against sun burn) and sturdy shoes.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick up service from the port, airport, or your accommodation in Hachijojima
Please inform us of your preferred pick-up location by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org